CARIBBEAN REGIONAL FISHERIES MECHANISM (CRFM) SECRETARIAT, is recruiting a Consultant to perform in the capacity of a Knowledge Platform Content Specialist, for the CRFM/CTA Caribbean Fisheries Knowledge Platform Project.
Caribbean Regional Fisheries Mechanism (CRFM) Secretariat, Belize City, Belize, although, travel to the Caribean region will be required as part of the duties/responsibilities.
Duration and Time Allotment
The assignment shall be conducted during the period 1 April 2014 to 31 July 2014. The assignment will require a total of sixty (60) person days.
Duties and and Responsibilities
The Content Specialist will support the development of institutional capacities of participating discussants from fisherfolk organisations, the CRFM and other stakeholders, at the regional, national and community levels. He/she will:
- Develop structured systems of key reference information to facilitate availability online;
- Train targeted users to make effective use of email/web exchange systems to discuss ARD issues;
- Assist selected organisations in making effective use of social media to support their communities of practice;
- Deliver relevant documents, news and events relevant for the community to engage in the discussions and able to encourage their participation; and
- Deliver requisite support for making effective use of face to face events online, through the use of available web tools in combination with the electronic discussion platform.
- Submit consultancy reports as per the Terms of Reference for this assignment.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Information and Communications Technology or the equivalent
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc) and other business computer applications.
- Working knowledge of modern forms of remote collaborative communication systems (teleconferencing, video conference, Dgroups, Skype, GoTo Meetings, Webinars, etc.).
- Accurate, meticulous and results/performance oriented.
- Proven library skills.
- Proven skills and experience in knowledge and information management.
- Five or more years experience at the regional and national levels in the Caribbean.
- Proven teaching and facilitation experience would be assets
An attractive compensation will be offered. Interested applicants should submit written applications, providing full details of qualifications, skills and experience no later than Friday, 14th March 2014.
For more details regarding the post, please visit our website at www.crfm.int. or call 501-223-4443