CARIBBEAN REGIONAL FISHERIES MECHANISM (CRFM) SECRETARIAT, is recruiting a consultant to perform in the capacity of a Knowledge Platform Facilitator, for the CRFM/CTA Caribbean Fisheries Knowledge Platform Project.
Duration and Time Allotment
The assignment shall be conducted during the period 1 April 2014 to 31 July 2014. The assignment will require a total of sixty (60) person days.
Caribbean Regional Fisheries Mechanism (CRFM) Secretariat, Belize City, Belize, although, travel to the Caribean region will be required as part of the duties/responsibilities.
Duties and and Responsibilities
The Facilitator will develop institutional capacities of participating discussants from fisherfolk organisations, the CRFM and other stakeholders, at the regional, national and community levels. He/She will:
- Build organizational capacity to host debates and discussions online using existing systems;
- Ensure that targeted users make effective use of email/web exchange systems to discuss ARD issues;
- Put in place an integrated platform for knowledge exchange;
- Deliver a technical platform that will host: (a) online repository that will comprise key documents regularly updated and (b) moderated e-mail exchanges and alerts. The selected platform will be part of the CTA’s and partners’ online resources; integrated with existing material and promoted;
- Submit consultancy reports as per the Terms of Reference for this assignment.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least a Bachelors degree in Mass Communications or the equivalent
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc) and other business computer applications.
- Working knowledge of modern forms of remote collaborative communication systems (teleconferencing, video conference, Dgroups, Skype, GoTo Meetings, Webinars, etc.).
- Accurate, meticulous and results/performance oriented.
- Proven skills and experience in Information and Communications Technology (ICT).
- Five or more years experience at the regional and national levels in the Caribbean.
- Proven facilitation skills / knowledge are also required.
- Proven teaching experience would be an asset
- Project management experience would be an asset
An attractive compensation will be offered. Interested applicants should submit written applications, providing full details of qualifications, skills and experience no later than Friday, 14th March 2014.
For more details regarding the post, please visit our website at www.crfm.int. or call 501-223-4443